Baby Boomer Babbling-er-Musings

I'm from the baby boomer generation. I have a mop of white hair, courtesy of my gene pool. And a botox-free face that sports frown lines in the forehead and around the eyes. Love handles instead of a waistline. Can't say I'm exactly crazy about any of these old age indicators but I accept them with grace. And now I've lived long enough now that I ponder on a lot of things, new and old.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Black Curse

The furniture designer who originally had the bright – or should I say dark - idea for black furniture, will you please stand up?  Silence.  I am only left to wonder about this person.  It was probably a man.  Or a woman with a maid.  Obviously it was someone who had never had to dust anything in their lives.  Otherwise, we would have all been forewarned. 

My new black computer table immediately became the most populated place in my house, not by people, but as a haven for the bunnies.  After I dust the computer work space, in only a few days the dust bunnies have multiplied quickly – as only bunnies can do.  Then they are back, staring at me once again from that dark surface. 

Our dining table is a mix of a lovely wood grain top with solid black legs and black dining room chairs.  Unfortunately, those offending dark appendages soon became immediate magnets for bunnies of the dusty kind.  And creepy crumbles of the food kind.   

Yet my wood grain table top barely shows bunnies unless rays of light fall across it at a certain angle.  Think horizontal, early morning light.  Then it is only an hour of subtle reminder and afterwards you can’t really see the bunnies all that well.  So I reason to myself that the dust rag can wait another day because any visitors who are not dinner guests probably won’t even notice, especially if the lights are dimmed.  I mean, we all visit friends to see them, not their bunnies, right? 


I admit that I am not an obsessive fan of the dust rag.  I do not, I repeat, I do NOT like to dust every few days!  Sooooo…. I have told the hubby that if I EVER remotely act  like I am going to buy another black piece of furniture, well…drastic measures are called for.  He has been instructed to put on some Rambo-like camo and those black (!) commando boots, stand in front of me with arms crossed fiercely on his chest, in order to stop me.  Puh-leeze STOP me!! 


Oh, how that black furniture mocks me daily, with its vivid backdrop for the eyes of a million dust bunnies staring back at me.  I feel a bit like Jackie Sparrow when I say, it’s a curse! Oh, forgive me my beloved natural wood grain.  I will never desert you again!  

Now, let me get back to the war.  I must gather my weapons – dust rag and can of Pledge – to fight valiantly in the neverending battle against the...

Curse of the Bunnies 'n Black!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers of my blog! Looking forward to hearing from you...