Baby Boomer Babbling-er-Musings

I'm from the baby boomer generation. I have a mop of white hair, courtesy of my gene pool. And a botox-free face that sports frown lines in the forehead and around the eyes. Love handles instead of a waistline. Can't say I'm exactly crazy about any of these old age indicators but I accept them with grace. And now I've lived long enough now that I ponder on a lot of things, new and old.

Friday, November 9, 2012

Dreams Can Come True

As a freelance photographer, I would be lying if I said that I have not dreamed of having one of my photographs published.  It was nothing I ever specifically prayed for, but it was a dream of mine.  Yet I never actually believed it would ever happen.  It is amazing how God works things out so that someone as insignificant as me could have a dream come true.  

Last year a friend of mine opened a new business and I offered to take photographs to be used for their marketing and advertising purposes.  When my images were subsequently used for a magazine ad, I was contacted by Laura Wood, editor of Northwest Georgia Living.  My dream came true when some of my images appeared in an article in the magazine's Spring 2011 issue.


This week an unspoken wish came true, one only hoped for yet never really even dreamed that it could happen. One of my images was chosen for the cover of the holiday issue of the newest NW Georgia Living magazine.  In all things I give God thanks.



My image on this month's cover

This free magazine is available now at many business locations in Adairsville, Calhoun, Cartersville, and Rome.  Also in this issue four of my images are featured in the article "Secrets to Creating a Captivating Holiday Table" (pages 38-39).






Christmas Table
New Years Table
New Years Table
Thanksgiving Table


It was a pleasure to photograph the 
magazine's editor for this issue.
(Page 4, "Letter from the Editor")


Laura Wood, Editor

I was also honored to shoot the three images 
for the LaMarie's ad on page 19.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers of my blog! Looking forward to hearing from you...