Baby Boomer Babbling-er-Musings

I'm from the baby boomer generation. I have a mop of white hair, courtesy of my gene pool. And a botox-free face that sports frown lines in the forehead and around the eyes. Love handles instead of a waistline. Can't say I'm exactly crazy about any of these old age indicators but I accept them with grace. And now I've lived long enough now that I ponder on a lot of things, new and old.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Peach Cobbler: Easy and Delicious!

The hubby was taking his Sunday afternoon nap in the recliner so it was the perfect opportunity to surprise him with one of his favorites, Peach Cobbler.


My hot Peach Cobbler with a scoop
of Vanilla Bean ice cream!


I looked around Pinterest and found several cobbler recipes, each one slightly different.  So I pulled an idea or two from several, changed the measurements a bit, and added it all together to come up with this one:

Peach Cobbler

This made the the best cobbler I have ever made.  Ever!

Preheat your oven  to 375°F.

2 cups fresh sliced peaches (4 medium size peaches)
Note:  Some recipes called for a big can of sliced peaches, drained; but I had fresh peaches on the counter.
1 cup Bisquick mix
Note:  They all called for 1 cup of all-purpose flour, but I had Bisquick in the pantry.
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup butter, melted (1/2 cup=1 stick butter)

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 cup of sugar (for the peaches) PLUS 
1/4 cup sugar (for the crust mixture)

I peeled and cubed my 4 peaches first, stirred in 3/4 cup sugar and let them sit.

I lined an 8 x 8 square baking pan with parchment paper simply because I don't want to scratch my favorite pan AND it makes for easy clean-up but you could skip this step.

In a medium bowl, I mixed together the Bisquick mix, milk, nutmeg and cinnamon. Then added 1/4 cup of the sugar and stirred in the melted butter.

Last step:  I spooned the peaches over the crust mixture.  When it cooks, the crust rises above the peaches.

Bake for 1 hour at 375°F
Note:  Almost all the recipes said to bake for one hour, but I checked mine in 30 minutes and then again at 45 minutes and by then the crust was browned and bubbly.  So check your cobbler before the hour is up as ovens can bake differently.

The aroma of baking woke the hubby up and we had an afternoon snack of hot cobbler with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers of my blog! Looking forward to hearing from you...