Baby Boomer Babbling-er-Musings

I'm from the baby boomer generation. I have a mop of white hair, courtesy of my gene pool. And a botox-free face that sports frown lines in the forehead and around the eyes. Love handles instead of a waistline. Can't say I'm exactly crazy about any of these old age indicators but I accept them with grace. And now I've lived long enough now that I ponder on a lot of things, new and old.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Blocked on Facebook = Prayer for Another

I recently missed seeing someone’s posts on my Facebook page.  Never having been blocked – as far as I know – by anyone, I first assumed that they had deactivated their FB page.  When someone else searched and found this person while logged into their own FB account, then I knew that I had been blocked.




I don’t think – I hope – I did not do anything personally to this person.  I did, however, become privy to a series of lies and deception that they perpetuated.  I can only guess that when this person realized I found out, then they blocked me on Facebook.  

I wish I were more like a duck, letting it all roll like water off my back.  But I’m not wired that way.  I worry about people, especially this person.  I was so terribly disappointed in their behavior that I spent many sleepless nights in worry over their actions.  Their deception and disrespect, though not directed at me personally, hurt my heart because I had not thought them capable of such actions.

I decided not to tell anyone about the situation, which unfortunately I knew to be fact, not fiction.  Recently when someone else approached me about what they heard, I did confirm that it was true.  I wish I could have said it was rumor, lies, fabrication.  Oh, how I fervently wish it were not the truth!

It is very hard not to judge someone, knowing what they did was so wrong, and knowing in your heart that you simply cannot condone such behavior.  Bottomline:  Judgment is not my role (Luke 6:3-7 NIV).  The day of judgment is in the future at the foot of God's throne. 


Through prayer I can purge my heart of the worry and disappointment over this.  May God open their eyes and set them on the right path!  So, prayer warriors, put this person and their situation before God in prayer.  You may not know the details, but you don’t need to – God knows everything about it.  It would make me so happy if they realized the wrongs that have been done and made amends.  

Pray for me, too.  As a Christian I recognize, with clarity, the difference between moral and sinful behavior according to God's word.  Even so we are commanded by Him to love one another (John 13:34-35 NIV) so please pray for me to keep a compassionate heart and loving attitude for everyone, without judgment.  


Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 
~1 John 4:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers of my blog! Looking forward to hearing from you...