Baby Boomer Babbling-er-Musings

I'm from the baby boomer generation. I have a mop of white hair, courtesy of my gene pool. And a botox-free face that sports frown lines in the forehead and around the eyes. Love handles instead of a waistline. Can't say I'm exactly crazy about any of these old age indicators but I accept them with grace. And now I've lived long enough now that I ponder on a lot of things, new and old.

Friday, March 8, 2013

Slow down. Smell the Roses. Click the Shutter.

Wild Roses
This morning I read a photography post by Richard Walker on the Light Stalking web site.  The title was Five Ways to Improve Your Photography Without Touching Your Camera.  The chord it struck was simple.  I realized I needed to slow down before I click the shutter.



As a photographer, I do tend to see things differently than most people.  In my mind's eye I see almost everything - people, scenery, flowers, skies, pets, wildlife - from the perspective of how it would look through my camera's viewfinder.  

Unfortunately - like everyone else in this busy world - at times I do tend to rush through life and am guilty of doing that with my photography, too.  Whether you are a photographer or not, let's all slow down, look around - really look - smell the roses.  And in my case then click the shutter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers of my blog! Looking forward to hearing from you...