Baby Boomer Babbling-er-Musings

I'm from the baby boomer generation. I have a mop of white hair, courtesy of my gene pool. And a botox-free face that sports frown lines in the forehead and around the eyes. Love handles instead of a waistline. Can't say I'm exactly crazy about any of these old age indicators but I accept them with grace. And now I've lived long enough now that I ponder on a lot of things, new and old.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Help Name Me!


Help Name Me!


Nestled in the barn, out of the weather, the itty bitty 1954 Aljoa vintage camper is still nameless.  After compiling a list of names, I'm trying to narrow it down to about ten favorites.  I think, though, that I would like an outside opinion, just in case I'm overlooking a good one.  So here are all the names under consideration. Please feel free to comment and tell me your favorite(s) in the comment box below.

POTENTIAL NAMES

"Allie" names:  A nickname for Aljoa (pronouced similar to Alcoa (as in aluminum), but with the "j" sound.
○  Allie Jo, the Aljoa
○  Tin Can Allie
○  Allie's Way

"Honey" and "Bee" names:  The hubby and I run a beekeeping/honey operation together.  
○  Buxom Bee (from a friend with a wickedly good sense of humor!)
○  Bizzy Bee
○  Honey Bee 
○  Honey Haven
○  Honey’s Lil’ Hive
○  Honey Muffin
○  Honey Wagon

"Clickin', Shutter and Flash" names: For those who don't know, I love to capture life's moments with my camera.
○  Clicking Chick
○  Shutter Bug
○  Shutter Palace
○  Lil' Flasher

"Lucy Names":  I ♥ Lucy!  And good southern double names, too.
○  Lucy Jane
○  Lucy Pea

"My Southern Roots":
 Chik-a-dee
 Fid'l Dede
 Jawja Farm Girl (that's me!)
 Jawja Jiver
 June Bug
 Kudzu Caddy (aka ZuZu)
 Kudzu Katie
 Oopsie Daisy
 Sugah Pie (Hunny Bun)
 Toodles (My late father-in-law's word for "good-bye")

"Pea" names:  The little camper is a cozy little place, just right for a couple of peas in a pod.  
○  Lucy Pea
○  Nifty Fifty Pea Party
○  Pat's Peachy Pad
○  Patty's Pea Pad
○  Pea da' Wee
○  Pat's Pea Pod
○  Patty Pea-tunia
○  The Merry Pea
○  The Pea Palace
○  The Wee Pea

Mixed Bag:
○  Bunny Boo
○  Kookie the Twisted Tin
○  Gidget (1950s movie w/Sandra Dee and "Moondoggie" James Darren)
○  Maggie Munchkin
○  Psycho Patty (considered blaming a friend, but I came up with this one)
○  Retro Rosie
○  Retro Spice
○  Rosie Road Relic
○  Sassy Sandy Sue
○  Silver Sugah
○  Silver Sunshine
○  Tessie the Tin Can
○  Twinkles Tin Toes
○  Twisted Tootsie



Which one (or two or three) do YOU like best?
My little itty camper really needs a name that's not "itty camper"





4 comments:

  1. So many choices - no wonder you've had a hard time picking a name!!
    I have 3 faves: Tin Can Allie, Honey Wagon and
    Shutter Bug!!
    Whatever you call her, she's going to be so much fun!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love offering opinions! My choices are "Lil' Buck since you live in, on or around Buck Mountain or southernized "Lil' Al Buck" for Alumnim Buck Mount. For yours love Allie Jo, Clicking Chick is catching or The Wee Pea. Best of luck!

    Mary Alice Bancroft

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lucy Names ... made me giggle.

    "The Long Long Trailer" was one of my favourite Lucy Movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No updates? What did you end up naming her?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers of my blog! Looking forward to hearing from you...