Baby Boomer Babbling-er-Musings

I'm from the baby boomer generation. I have a mop of white hair, courtesy of my gene pool. And a botox-free face that sports frown lines in the forehead and around the eyes. Love handles instead of a waistline. Can't say I'm exactly crazy about any of these old age indicators but I accept them with grace. And now I've lived long enough now that I ponder on a lot of things, new and old.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Don't Meddle...It's a Scorcher...

A friend posted this quote on her Facebook page this morning and as we say in the South, it cracked me up!  It's probably already made the "rounds" of social media, but I haven't seen it before.  The truth is that I don't get out much.

Image compilation by Patricia Montgomery © 2013 | Bucks Mountain Galleries
Pink Dragon graphic by wingedwolf94 | DeviantArt.com
Author of quote unknown



Even as I was chuckling at this quote, I couldn't help but think about "meddling" in general.  To meddle in the affairs of others - dragon or not - will almost always get the same result.  The meddler is going to get burned or at least scorched around the edges.  It really is best to mind one's own business and stay out of the affairs of others.

If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. ~1 Peter 4:15 NIV

Food for thought:  In 1 Peter 4:15 the Bible includes a "meddler" right along with criminals.  It certainly made me stop and think.

On a lighter note, the dragon quote is funny.  I hope it made you laugh right out loud (like I did) or at least made the corners of your mouth turn up just a wee bit.  

I think I shall be careful if ever I'm consdering meddling in affairs of others.  You never know where the dragon has hidden the ketchsup bottle.

1 comment:

  1. "It does not do to leave a sleeping dragon out of your calculations." --Tolkein

    ReplyDelete

I love comments from readers of my blog! Looking forward to hearing from you...