Baby Boomer Babbling-er-Musings

I'm from the baby boomer generation. I have a mop of white hair, courtesy of my gene pool. And a botox-free face that sports frown lines in the forehead and around the eyes. Love handles instead of a waistline. Can't say I'm exactly crazy about any of these old age indicators but I accept them with grace. And now I've lived long enough now that I ponder on a lot of things, new and old.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Slap It!

It was an "A-Ha!" moment during the Christmas holidays.  I was certain I had discovered something - as my Daddy used to say - that could be the greatest thing since sliced bread!  

I pulled a shoulder muscle patting myself on the back.  Nearly knocked myself out trying to get my big head through the doorway. Looked like a big ole piece of puffcorn, I did, with my ego so blown out of proportion.  

Could this idea be marketed, trademarked, make me a billionaire???

Then being the addicted little "Pinner" that I am, I immediately researched Pinterest to clarify that I was the only one in the world that thought of it.  I just knew I was destined for greatness!  All that said, this big ole balloon-sized idea of mine got "pinned".  By someone else.  Pop!  Balloon Burst.  Slow deflation.  

No, my idea is not original.  Someone else thought of it before me.  But do I get any kudos for thinking of it on my own?  Oh well, here it is.  Not original but I still love it!

It changed my life.  Okay, maybe that's a little excessive. Here it is!

Drum Roll, Please...

I used my granddaughter's "Slap" bracelet to keep wrapping paper secure on the roll until the next cut!




Brilliant!  Right?  I'll take my bow now, low to the ground with one arm sweeping outward...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers of my blog! Looking forward to hearing from you...