Baby Boomer Babbling-er-Musings

I'm from the baby boomer generation. I have a mop of white hair, courtesy of my gene pool. And a botox-free face that sports frown lines in the forehead and around the eyes. Love handles instead of a waistline. Can't say I'm exactly crazy about any of these old age indicators but I accept them with grace. And now I've lived long enough now that I ponder on a lot of things, new and old.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Spring Cleaning (is a) Challenge

Spring Cleaning.  Those two words produce outward moans that come from deep within my shuddering body.

Confession.  I'm the Queen of Spring-Cleaning-and-Not-Sticking-With-It.  This year, I WILL finish it.  Okay, I want to finish it.  I hope I finish it.

A friend pointed out this list for getting major spring cleaning done in 23 days, one task a day.  After looking at it realistically, my goal is to finish in 30 days max.  In all honesty, I will take a day off here and there because all work and no play makes me a very dull girl.   


List on Finely Ground
Marissa Sobaskie, author of the spring cleaning list and blog maven at Finely Ground says "just check off one item every day, and in three weeks, you'll have thoroughly spring-cleaned your entire house - easy peasy."  

Easy peasy?  In my case, that might be stretching it as I really (really!) hate intensely dislike things like cleaning ceiling fan blades, cobwebs,  washing windows...okay I don't like housework.  There.  I said it.

Yes, I know it's still January but I want to finish my spring cleaning early.  When spring does get here, all I have to do is open the windows for that fresh air and then go outside and play!

  




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers of my blog! Looking forward to hearing from you...