Baby Boomer Babbling-er-Musings

I'm from the baby boomer generation. I have a mop of white hair, courtesy of my gene pool. And a botox-free face that sports frown lines in the forehead and around the eyes. Love handles instead of a waistline. Can't say I'm exactly crazy about any of these old age indicators but I accept them with grace. And now I've lived long enough now that I ponder on a lot of things, new and old.

Friday, November 22, 2013

FRIENDSHIP ♥

I am thankful for the joy of friendship. I am joyfully blessed to have BEST friendships with special people in my life with whom I share annual friendship anniversaries that are in the double digits - the constant, loyal, true, lifelong friends. You know who you are and that I cherish and love you!
  

I have friends who were in my life for a season, but I still remember them and the blessings they brought to my life for that time. We drifted apart for reasons ranging from geography to simply moving in different life directions. I still cherish those old friends, all whom I could talk to today and we would happily chat as though no time had passed. 

I have dear friends that I would have lost touch with entirely had it not been for Facebook. Other wonderful friends I have met through photography and other social media communities. They have all have my heart and I cherish each one!

Sadly I have had friends in the past that seemed to suck the joy out of the air and others that were never really my friends at all. If you have had such a friend, then I hope that you realize the blessing that came from that relationship – the discernment to know, as I do, how to appreciate all the more the real treasure of true friendship.

 I have newer friends today and even though I don’t know if they will be my friends for a season or a lifetime, I just pray that I can be blessing to them for the time we do have together.


Despite the ups and down, I truly hope I never stop making friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments from readers of my blog! Looking forward to hearing from you...